It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Welcome!

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:13 am 
Site Admin

[cough] Hello... Hello... Is this thing on? ;)

Welcome to the GirlsWithGuns.org forum, a board designed to allow fans of action heroines to come together and discuss the topic, share resources, build a community, yada-yada-yada. You know the sort of stuff.

If you've never been a member of a forum like this before, you'll want to register. We strongly encourage you to do so, as you have to be a member in order to post, vote in the polls, or do any more than just read the board - and there are likely to be sections which are only readable by members. Signing up is entirely free and takes about three minutes. Go do it. We'll wait for you.

If you need help with the basics of using the forum, there's a User Guide available to get you up and running. If there are features you don't understand, or you're having difficulty doing something, please post in this forum or send me a Private Message and we'll get you sorted.

This site is very much a work in progress, and I have no idea how it'll develop. Particularly in the early days, we're entirely open to suggestions for features, new forums, etc. Again, you can post a suggestion here, or send me a PM, and we'll give them all consideration. Whether we put them into effect depends on a combination of a) whether they're a good idea, and b) how difficult they are to do. Mediocre ideas that are easy to implement will likely get more consideration than really good ideas that require a lot of work.

Rules
I'm hoping there won't be any need for a fixed set of rules here; behavior here should be governed by common sense, and will be moderated on that basis. This is not a democracy. Think of it as a (fairly-)benevolent dictatorship, with the word of admin, and anyone subsequently appointed by him, law. We have a zero tolerance for spam or abuse of other members: with regard to the latter, basically, don't say anything you wouldn't be prepared to say to the person's face in a bar. Failure to obey these deliberately vague restrictions will result in sanctions ranging from a gentle warning to an air-strike being called down on your IP address.

With that stern warning out of the way, have fun. We hope this site succeeds and grows into a community that has largely been missing from the GWG world (as far as we know). Whether it does or not depends entirely on you, and your active participation. We look forward to that!

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am 

Hi, I'm Thad Brown; that's actually my pen name, not my real name. I'm a bit of a writer --you can read my post about my GWG short story collection over in the Books folder-- happily married to the love of my life, who packs a six-shot revolver and keeps it loaded; and a warm admirer of strong, brave, tough heroines who aren't afraid to fight when it's called for, in real life and in (clean) fiction/movies/TV/art as well. (That's been true ever since I was a kid, so I got bitten by the bug early.) Thanks for the invitation, Jim --I think this forum is a great idea, and I hope it takes off!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 am 

My name is Werner Lind; I'm a librarian in a Christian college, a lifelong admirer of strong women who are courageous and self-reliant (I'm proudly married to one, and the father of three more!), and the founder and moderator of the Action Heroine Fans group on Goodreads. (My vampire novel Lifeblood isn't action-heroine fiction as such, and doesn't have much violence at all --but the heroine DOES have vampire strength, and it's not smart for a thug to go one-on-one with her, even if he has got a knife. :-) ) A taste for this kind of heroine, in all of the creative arts, isn't at all about exploiting or belittling women. I'm glad that Jim's started a forum where fans who genuinely respect women can share their interest, without having to be embarrassed about it, and I appreciate the invitation to join it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm 

I became focused on this genre after seeing So Close (2002). That expanded to other stuff from Hong Kong, then Japan. Now the stuff from the US is a fraction of my viewing. I'm going through the catalog of older movies and anime, wishing I'd known about this stuff long ago. Enjoy things from the 1980s onward. I prefer action or comedy over horror, especially the extreme kind. Can't say I agree with all the reviews here (or anywhere, really), but this site is a good resource. I keep a list of the ones I like on listal here. criticker page here. Favorite actresses so far: Moon Lee, Jeeja Yanin, Qi Shu, Wei Zhao, Karen Mok, Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Chingmy Yau, Cecilia Cheung, The Twins, Carrie Ng, Cynthia Khan, Summer Glau.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 am 

My name is Paul I'm a Pro Second Amendment activist,as well as a firearms enthusiast.

Thanks for making this site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 am 

Hello

I am Svenne from Germany and hope that your board
will be succesfull-or simply brings much joy and fun to the members.

Since I was a little boy pictures of girls or elegant woman with a gun
made my heart heavy.

Don't really now why,but maybe the constellation of the
"weak"gender and a weapon is simply an explosive exciting mixture.

In the last decades I have seen so many gwg-movies from all of the
world that I am not able to tell you how much.

I am administrator of the "Deadly Angel Board" an loaded up there more
than 300 clips mostly with girl with gun action.
Topic "Killer Babes"

So I quess that I know what I am talking about when I say
only the contribution of many members from all parts of the world
is the fundament of a good board.

Beneath the fantastic "Moviebadgirls"
(Unfortunately no updates since years) your Gwg site
is always a very good place to make an overview according to
sexy deadly ladies.

My favourite movies showing girls with guns are:

The Bullet Wives
Chai Lai aka Dangerous Flowers
Naked Weapon
Naked Killer
So Close
Black Angel
White Angel
Bounded Heat
Code Apocalypse etc.

Wish your board all the best

Svenne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:17 am 

Hi, I'm Yāoguài and I'm writing a novel featuring an action heroine. There has always been something teetering between the playful and the transgressive in the image of the fighter-chick. My perennial favorites have been Buffy Summers and Veronica Mars (although she never engaged in physical fighting), but I've recently discovered Kate Daniels (from a series of books by Ilona Andrews), and I'm a huge fan of kung fu actresses who actually know kung fu, from Moon Lee to Jeeja Yanin.

Looking forward to sharing the joy of female empowerment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am 

Hi Friend
I am new in this community and I like this community I want to share my hobbies with you that is movies music and dancing but more like enjoy with friends.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:48 pm 

Evening.

I'm Mark (funny that) and I'm abit of a genre writer...although I have no idea if any of my stuff is up folks alley here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 am 

movwills wrote:
Hello Friends!
I am newbie here who joined a forum girlswithguns today. I like the movies in which girls fights with violins..

Welcome. I hadn't heard of any. Can you give an example?

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next